Today's Skate Times
Session 4:30 to 5:30 $6.00
More Skate Times
Upcoming Special Events
Classes and Clubs
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I rent SKATE WORLD privately?
- Yes! We offer private events on select days of the week. Most common times are Monday, Wednesday, or Sunday evenings. We also have late night and themed private parties available. Contact Barbara Lucas at 254-722-7500 to discuss private party options.
How far in advance do I need to make party
reserve parties online
up to two days prior to your desired date. Closer than that and you need to book in person or over the phone. If you reserve at least 2 weeks in advance you will have the best selection of times.
We usually ask you to make a Private Parties reservation a week in advance, but we can accommodate last minute requests if the time is available.
Do you sell food?
- Yes! We have a complete Snack Bar serving Great Pizza, Hot Dogs, Pretzels, Nachos, Popcorn, Chips and a variety of candies. We also offer Pepsi products and Monster energy drinks .
Can I bring in food from the outside?
- The only outside food/drinks we allow during our open skating session is a birthday cake, cookie cake, or cupcakes if you have reserved a
GOLD, SILVER, or BRONZE PARTY PACKAGE
. Outside food is also allowed when
a Private "VIP Birthday" package with a $50 catering charge. We offer a pizza buffet option or individual pizzas as well for private parties.
Do you charge for parents to watch?
- NEVER on regular public skating sessions. We're happy you are here! NOTE: Occasionally charitable organizations that host fundraisers at SKATE WORLD will charge every person (adult or child) that is admitted.
If my friends are coming to skate, do I need to pay if I'm only going to hang out?
- Everyone entering (with the exception of parents watching their children) must pay the applicable admission and skate rental fee.
Do you offer group rates?
- Yes! Please visit our group information page.
Do I need to be concerned about music selections?
No! All our music and matching videos are mom-approved and screened for violence, sexual content, and language through our NEW Control Play system.
May I drop off my child at the
Yes, but no one under 9 is admitted without an accompanying, supervising ADULT (18 or older).
What size skates do you rent?
- From juvenile size 8-9 to adult size 15.
Can I bring my own skates?
- Yes. We allow all kinds of regular roller skates and inline skates. We do ask that they be kept clean & hand carried into and out of Skate World and not worn in where they could track dirt onto the rink.
Can I wear my Heelys?
- Sorry, because Heelys do not have wheels in the front and back and are not intended for "roller skating" they are not permitted.
Do you sell skates and equipment?
- Yes! You can order skates in our skate shop.
What goes on at a public skating session?
- Most sessions are set-up with a variety of special skates: All-Skate, Backwards, Couples. During daytime or family-oriented sessions we also do the Hokey Pokey, play games and give prizes.
If my child doesn't skate well, can I walk on the floor to assist him/her?
- During public skating sessions we allow parents to enter the skating floor in shoes to assist their children. We also rent out SK8 Mates. (The SkateMate is a great new product to help kids and adults learn to skate on their own. These are meant to be rented out at roller rinks to help new skaters get used to roller skating. They are available for $3 rental for each hour.)
Where can I get lessons for my child?
- Every Monday and Wednesday from 4:30 to 5:30 there is a LEARN TO SKATE CLASS at Skate World. The class costs $6 (including skates) and that also counts towards your admission (on Wednesday evening). No reservation is necessary. Just show up and learn!! Children 3 and up are encouraged to attend. While learning ability varies, we find that usually within 3-4 class attendances, your child should be able to function safely on skates.
What forms of payment do you allow?
- Cash, Visa and MasterCard. We do not accept American Express.
Do you have an ATM?
- Sorry, we do not. But there is one next door at Member's Choice Credit Union
Can I pay with a check?
- Sorry, we do not accept personal checks.
Do you sell Gift Certificates?
- Yes. They can be purchased anytime the office is open or during public sessions. They come in $5, $10 and $25 dollar options.
Will you donate something to my child's school auction?
- Yes! SKATE WORLD is happy to donate products/services to non-profits. Please fill out our Donation and Fundraising Request form here. The courtesy of at least one months notice is kindly requested.
Does SKATE WORLD do cash sponsorships?
- Yes! Any non-profit is eligible to do a fundraiser with us.
Can I use my laptop and go online at SKATE WORLD?
- Yes, we offer free WiFi service to our customers and their guests.
Your Email Address
Upcoming Special Events
Classes and Clubs
©Copyright 2017 Skate World Waco All rights reserved. Unauthorized use prohibited.
Roller Roo images are used under RSROA license. Powered by